The Payroll Manager is an actively working leader of a team who will oversee and supervise the organization’s payroll functions, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the existing payroll team (People leadership skills required)
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and benefits changes.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Creating interface and journal entries into the different accounting systems
- Reconciliation of the various general ledger accounts related to payroll
- Reconciliation of the W2’s
- Journalize all cash activity to the FSA/HSA accounts
- Review and allocation of the payroll invoices
- Set up state and local licenses for multijurisdictional payrolls
- Perform similar job-related duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- E Proficient with payroll software. (Paycom / ADP / Peachtree)
- Experience with processing multiple company payrolls (bi-weekly / semi-monthly)
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software with Advanced Excel abilities.
- Experience with HRIS
- Leading the existing payroll team
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Eight years plus of related experience required.
- Eight years plus Multi-state payroll / taxation experience
Contact Christine.Jones@ihcgroup.com with questions.